The ProjectCSGIRLS Competition for Middle School Girls challenges participants in 6th-8th grade to build something using computer science and technology that can help solve an imminent social problem under one of three themes – global health, a safer world, and intelligent technology. Judges will select semifinalists, finalists, and national winners. All finalists will be invited to DC for our national gala, the ultimate celebration of girls in computing, in June of 2016 during which they will participate in workshops, listen to guest speakers, tour tech companies, participate in a formal awards ceremony, and showcase their projects to the public. Registration for the 2016 ProjectCSGIRLS competition closes February 15th, 2016. The deadline to submit projects is April 15th, 2016. Mentors will be provided on a first-come, first-serve basis so if students would like to request a mentor, they should register early!
Subscribe to the WeTeach_CS Blog! Subscribers receive a weekly digest via email. CLICK TO SUBSCRIBE
- Class begins Monday, March 19th, but there’s still time to enroll in Strategies for Effective and Inclusive CS Teaching March 16, 2018
- Have you nominated someone for a Change Maker Award? Have you applied for a Mini-Grant? Now’s the time! #wtcs2018 March 15, 2018
- High School Teachers – Sign up for FREE! CS Principles training from Code.org March 14, 2018
- Middle School Teachers – Sign up for FREE! CS Discoveries training from Code.org March 14, 2018
- Registration Deadline Approaching – WeTeach_CS Facilitator Academy at UT Dallas – Register Today! March 13, 2018