The ProjectCSGIRLS Competition for Middle School Girls challenges participants in 6th-8th grade to build something using computer science and technology that can help solve an imminent social problem under one of three themes – global health, a safer world, and intelligent technology. Judges will select semifinalists, finalists, and national winners. All finalists will be invited to DC for our national gala, the ultimate celebration of girls in computing, in June of 2016 during which they will participate in workshops, listen to guest speakers, tour tech companies, participate in a formal awards ceremony, and showcase their projects to the public. Registration for the 2016 ProjectCSGIRLS competition closes February 15th, 2016. The deadline to submit projects is April 15th, 2016. Mentors will be provided on a first-come, first-serve basis so if students would like to request a mentor, they should register early!
Subscribe to the WeTeach_CS Blog! Subscribers receive a weekly digest via email. CLICK TO SUBSCRIBE
- There’s still time to get involved with WeTeach_CS professional development this summer! June 22, 2018
- Full Time CS Faculty position open at Alamo Colleges- St. Philip’s College – Apply by June 29th June 21, 2018
- Register Now – Tapestry Workshop in Austin August 6-8 June 21, 2018
- Thank You to our 2018 WeTeach_CS Summit Sponsors and Funders June 20, 2018
- WeTeach_CS Summit 2018 – Day Three Preview #wtcs2018 June 20, 2018