The ProjectCSGIRLS Competition for Middle School Girls challenges participants in 6th-8th grade to build something using computer science and technology that can help solve an imminent social problem under one of three themes – global health, a safer world, and intelligent technology. Judges will select semifinalists, finalists, and national winners. All finalists will be invited to DC for our national gala, the ultimate celebration of girls in computing, in June of 2016 during which they will participate in workshops, listen to guest speakers, tour tech companies, participate in a formal awards ceremony, and showcase their projects to the public. Registration for the 2016 ProjectCSGIRLS competition closes February 15th, 2016. The deadline to submit projects is April 15th, 2016. Mentors will be provided on a first-come, first-serve basis so if students would like to request a mentor, they should register early!
Subscribe to the WeTeach_CS Blog! Subscribers receive a weekly digest via email. CLICK TO SUBSCRIBE
- WeTeach_CS for HS – Everything you need to teach CS1 August 17, 2018
- Pflugerville ISD High School CS Teacher Position Available August 14, 2018
- The next session of Strategies for Effective and Inclusive CS Teaching begins September 17th #Equity #CSforAll August 13, 2018
- Need CS curriculum for multiple schools? WeTeach_CS for HS offers multi-user license discounts! August 10, 2018
- Heading back to the classroom? Take WeTeach_CS with you! August 8, 2018