The ProjectCSGIRLS Competition for Middle School Girls challenges participants in 6th-8th grade to build something using computer science and technology that can help solve an imminent social problem under one of three themes – global health, a safer world, and intelligent technology. Judges will select semifinalists, finalists, and national winners. All finalists will be invited to DC for our national gala, the ultimate celebration of girls in computing, in June of 2016 during which they will participate in workshops, listen to guest speakers, tour tech companies, participate in a formal awards ceremony, and showcase their projects to the public. Registration for the 2016 ProjectCSGIRLS competition closes February 15th, 2016. The deadline to submit projects is April 15th, 2016. Mentors will be provided on a first-come, first-serve basis so if students would like to request a mentor, they should register early!
Subscribe to the WeTeach_CS Blog! Subscribers receive a weekly digest via email. CLICK TO SUBSCRIBE
- There’re plenty of Summer CS professional development opportunities still available! June 26, 2017
- Taking the CS Certification Exam in June? June 22nd is your CIP Application Deadline! June 19, 2017
- WeTeach_CS Recognizes Texas CS Teachers with Change Maker and Mini-Grant Awards June 16, 2017
- Certification Incentive Program (CIP) Extended Through December 2017! June 15, 2017
- Serious about CS for All? Get Involved! June 13, 2017