The ProjectCSGIRLS Competition for Middle School Girls challenges participants in 6th-8th grade to build something using computer science and technology that can help solve an imminent social problem under one of three themes – global health, a safer world, and intelligent technology. Judges will select semifinalists, finalists, and national winners. All finalists will be invited to DC for our national gala, the ultimate celebration of girls in computing, in June of 2016 during which they will participate in workshops, listen to guest speakers, tour tech companies, participate in a formal awards ceremony, and showcase their projects to the public. Registration for the 2016 ProjectCSGIRLS competition closes February 15th, 2016. The deadline to submit projects is April 15th, 2016. Mentors will be provided on a first-come, first-serve basis so if students would like to request a mentor, they should register early!
Subscribe to the WeTeach_CS Blog! Subscribers receive a weekly digest via email. CLICK TO SUBSCRIBE
- New Workshop for 2018! How to Teach High School CS December 15, 2017
- Looking for a fun challenge? Join CodeRGV for Capture the Flag on December 21st December 14, 2017
- WeTeach_CS sessions announced for the 11th Annual Texas STEM Conference in Galveston December 13, 2017
- Carol Fletcher receives Stand up for STEM award from Million Women Mentors TX December 12, 2017
- Registration Now Open for WeTeach_CS Facilitator Academy at UT Dallas December 11, 2017