Google For Education is accepting applications for Educator PD Grants through March 2, 2018.
CS education flourishes when there is a system in place for teachers, administrators, district officials, state policy makers, and PD practitioners working together to provide high quality CS education for their students. We are constantly keeping a pulse on the CS education landscape and pivoting our resources, as needed, to meet the most pressing needs of educators. This month we will explore how PD opportunities can impact these underserved CS communities. We’ll also look at how more experienced CS communities can support underserved communities.
We’re excited to accept applications for professional development programs focused on building CS capacity for middle and high school teachers as well as pre-service educators in the 2018 grant year.
Educator PD Grants Application Resources
- Educator PD Grants
- Application Process (USA)
- Online Application
- Google’s CS Educator PD Grants YT Live Session’s 2018: #1 (YouTube) January 18, 2018
- Google’s CS Educator PD Grants YT Live Session’s 2018: #2 (YouTube) February 14th from 12:30 – 1:30 PM CST
- Google CS Educator PD Grants presentation from the January livestream. (Google Slides)
- Advice from a Grantee (Jiang Li, associate professor of Computer Science at Quincy University)
- Evaluating Computer Science Professional Development Models and Educator Outcomes to Ensure Equity (Research paper about Google’s CS Educator PD Grants being presented at RESPECT 2018)
- Google at SIGCSE 2018 – Meet members of the Google CS Educator PD Grants team at booth #309 and attend their Birds of a Feather session on Thursday, February 22 at 5:30pm EST in Room 303.