Applications to become a Code.org Facilitator are now open! Applications include multiple choice and free response questions about applicants’ teaching and facilitation experience, their interest in computer science, and their commitment to participating in the facilitator development program. Applicants should plan to spend 30 – 45 minutes completing the application. Those interested must apply before applications close on Friday, December 1, 2017.
- Applications Open – Now
- Applications Close – Friday, December 1, 2017
- More information / Application – code.org/facilitator
How to Apply
- Check out the 2018-19 Code.org Facilitator Development Program Overview.
- Visit our courses page for additional information on our curricula.
- Set aside 30-45 minutes to complete the application. (Note: Application does not work on mobile devices.)
Facilitator Development Program Requirements
- Enthusiastic supporter of K-12 CS education at the local, state, and/or national level Equity-Focused
- Committed to supporting access to quality computer science education for all students
- Believes all teachers can teach CS
- Strong desire to develop as a facilitator and leader within the CS education community
- Willingness to give and receive feedback in a collaborative working environment
Teacher Experience and Knowledgeable about Content
- Prior or current teaching experience
- Strong background in curriculum focus area, preferably through past teaching experience with the specific course
- High level of comfort with technology, including virtual meeting tools and experience with Google suite
- High level of emotional intelligence and empathy for learners at varying ability levels
- Positive, energetic, engaging, and confident
- Ability to “think on your feet,” multi-task, and make decisions that are in the best interest of the audience while maintaining fidelity to the program
- Motivated self-starter
- Demonstrated ability to effectively engage and co-lead learning experiences for adults
- Experience in successfully planning and leading the effectiveness of K-12 teacher professional development
- Prior experience as a Code.org facilitator
CS Discoveries and CS Principles Facilitator Program Commitments
- Attend five-day 2018 TeacherCon plus two-day Facilitator Training Weekend (7 days; lodging, flight, and meals provided by Code.org)
- Prepare to lead workshops with co-lead prior to each workshop
- Co-lead at least four, one-day 2018-19 academic year workshops in local region (typically on weekends)
- Share feedback with Code.org to help improve the program
- Participate in virtual trainings during the year (In the afternoon/evening)
- Complete and submit written reflections and peer reviews throughout the school year, to prepare for academic year workshops
- Attend spring 2019 facilitator training (2-3 days; lodging, flight, and meals provided by Code.org)
- Co-lead 2019 five-day local summer workshop
- Co-lead 2019-2020 academic year workshops
- Program compliance: Fulfill the above commitments and remain in good standing with Code.org and Regional Partner
See the Code.org Facilitator Development Program page for complete information.
Feel free to share this information with educators you feel meet the requirements listed above.
Contact Amy Werst at email@example.com.