Teacher applications are now open for Code.org Professional Learning Programs!
We’re excited to announce that applications for Code.org’s Professional Learning Program for CS Principles and CS Discoveries are now open. If your school plans to offer these courses in 2017-18, please encourage interested teachers to apply today!
Code.org’s Professional Learning Program is an an intensive, year-long professional learning program for middle and high school educators who are interested in teaching Code.org’s CS Discoveries (middle school) or CS Principles (high school) courses. These programs are designed to prepare educators to provide high quality instruction based on the curriculum, tools and approach to students in their classrooms.
Teachers who apply and are accepted to the program commit to:
- Attending the five-day, in-person summer workshop (dates and locations assigned by district)
- Attending four local one-day, in-person workshops (normally on Saturdays)
- Engaging in 20 hours of on-line PD
- Teaching the course during the 2017-18 school year
- Supporting the recruitment and enrollment of a diverse group of students in the course, representative of the school’s overall student population
- Important Dates
- Applications Open – January 5, 2017
- Applications Close – March 17, 2017
- Professional Learning Programs