This summer, WeTeach_CS will once again partner with Oracle Academy to offer the successful Keep Calm and Java On (KCJO) program. However, this time we’re doing things a little different. In the past, both parts of the KCJO course have been held online. This time around, Java Fundamentals, will be held in Austin as a face-to-face training. We feel this intensive classroom setting will help newcomers become proficient faster and be able to more easily move on to the online Java Programming course. To participate in KCJO Summer 2017, interested teachers must apply and be accepted to the program before being allowed to register. —Apply Today!
About Keep Calm and Java On
Keep Calm and Java On (KCJO) is a synchronous online course designed to help prepare participants to teach courses such as Computer Science I, Computer Science II, or AP Computer Science. The Java language is the primary focus of this course, due to it’s general utility as an object-oriented programming language and because it is the language used in AP CS courses.
Keep Calm and Java On is divided into two sections, Java Fundamentals and Java Programming. Java Fundamentals is an introductory course and suitable for participants with little or no prior programming experience. Java Programming builds on previous lessons, through the use of activities that include designing and programming applications in Java, in order to increase participants’ skill and confidence.
- Application opens – February 7, 2017
- Application closes – April 5, 2017
- Applicants notified by – April 14, 2017
- Dates – July 24-28, 2017
- Location – The University of Texas at Austin, Sanchez (Education) Building
- Cost – $300
- Dates – July 31 – August 3, 2017
- Location – Online (Synchronous)
- Cost – Free (Only participants who have completed Java Fundamentals will be able to register for the online course.)