Or do you need 1000 reasons to help make up your mind?
To date, WeTeach_CS has helped over 400 Texas teachers become CS certified and thanks to the support of the Texas Education Agency (TEA), we’re still offering a $1,000 stipend, through the Certification Incentive Program (CIP), to currently certified Texas educators who add a CS certification to their resume. This means current Texas teachers who decide to join us on the road to 500, by taking the TExES CS 8-12 Certification exam during any of the seven testing windows being offered from February through August of 2018 may be eligible to receive a $1000 stipend upon achieving CS certification.
With the next TExES 241 CS 8-12 certification exam window set for February 7-10, 2018, now’s the time to get prepared!
Let WeTeach_CS Help You Get CS Certified
WeTeach_CS Certification Prep Face-2-Face
Give John Owen and the WeTeach_CS Team two days and they’ll tell you what you’ll need to know to pass the TExES 241 CS 8-12 certification exam during this 2-day workshop style prep. WeTeach_CS Certification Prep Face-2-Face provides an overview of the educator competencies required of all teachers to become certified in Grades 8-12 Computer Science. We have several workshops coming up, so choose the one near you and register today!
- Houston – January 22-23, 2018 – More information / Registration
- Hurry! Registration for Houston closes on Monday, January 15th at 5PM!
- San Angelo – February 12-13, 2018 – More information / Registration
- Tyler – February 27-28, 2018 – More information / Registration
- Waco – March 12-13, 2018 – More information / Registration
- Austin – April 19-20, 2018 – More information / Registration
Foundations of Computer Science for Teachers
Would you rather prepare online at your own pace? No problem!
The Spring 2018 session of WeTeach_CS Foundations of Computer Science for Teachers is now open. This self-paced course is designed to prepare teachers to take the TExES 241 Grades 8-12 Computer Science certification exam. Basic enrollment is FREE! Participants wanting to receive 40 CPE credit hours from The University of Texas at Austin upon completing the course can upgrade their enrollment. Upgraded participants will also have access to weekly quizzes and the comprehensive final, which mimics the actual 100 question CS certification exam. Register Now!
More Information on Certification and CIP
For complete information about deadlines and requirements, please read and follow all steps of the CIP Checklist. Texas teachers must meet certain eligibility requirements and be accepted into the program prior to testing to qualify for the $1,000 stipend.
- For more information about Computer Science certification, visit the WeTeach_CS Get Certified page.
- For complete information about CIP requirements and deadlines, visit the CIP Checklist page.
- Read everything and still have CS certification questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for help.
Already CS Certified?
Let WeTeach_CS Help You Teach High School CS
Don’t miss out, registration for this event closes on Thursday, January 18, 2018 at 5PM
Already CS certified, but not sure how to get a class started? Struggling to find a CS1 curriculum that works? Come and get a sneak preview of a curriculum package that will get you through your first year. Everything you need in a nice, neat package and ready for you to implement on day one including lesson plans, lessons, videos, study guides, activities, projects, labs, lab solutions, and assessments. Learn how best to make this crucial first year class a success from WeTeach_CS Education Professional Development Specialist, John Owen.
In How to Teach High School CS, participants will examine the CS1 TEKS to become familiar with the expectations and then explore the four modules that make up the course.
- When – Thursday, January 25, 2018 – Friday, January 26, 2018
- Where – Holiday Inn Austin – Town Lake, 20 S IH-35, Austin, Texas 78701
- Cost – $200
- CPE Credit – 14 hours
- Registration Deadline – Thursday, January 18, 2018 at 5PM
- Accommodations and Travel Reimbursement – Attendees may be eligible for reimbursement of travel and accommodations expenses. See registration page for details.