Texas School Counselor Association, UT Dallas, the National Center for Women & Information Technology (NCWIT), Bank of America, State Farm and CS4TX invite middle and high school counselors to Counselors for Computing: Professional Development in Emerging Careers on Friday, February 24th in Richardson, TX. Space is limited, so register now!
- When – Friday, February 24, 2017
- Where – State Farm at CityLink in Richardson, Texas (1251 State St , Richardson, Texas 75082)
- Who – Middle and High School Counselors
- Cost – 20.00 fee supports the Texas School Counselor Association and is refunded to participants who complete the program in the form of an Amazon gift card.
- Registration – https://www.txca.org/tca/tsca_home.asp
- Flyer – C4C DFW Program Flyer (PDF)
- Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Program
During the program, participants will:
- Try their hand at coding
- Learn about career prospects in this fast-growing sector, and why employers want a large an diverse talent pool from which to draw
- Learn about changes in computer science education, including
- Local computer science education initiatives that lead to more course offerings
- What new courses are like, and how they count toward graduation and preparation for postsecondary pathways
- Why computer science is a fundamental literacy, no matter what your students’ plan
- Meet technology professionals, learn about their jobs and how they found their way into computing
- Tour CityLink, where State Farm manages more information than is held in the Library of Congress!
- Enjoy lunch and receive continuing education credit
This event is funded in part by the National Science Foundation, Merck, and the Coca-Cola Foundation.