Still thinking about getting CS certified in 2017?
WeTeach_CS just made that decision a whole lot easier!
Thanks to the support of the Texas Education Agency (TEA), WeTeach_CS is extending the Certification Incentive Program (CIP) through December of 2017! This means current Texas teachers planning to take the TExES CS 8-12 Certification Test during any of the four remaining 2017 testing windows may be eligible for for the Certification Incentive Program (CIP), which offers a $1000 stipend to accepted teachers who obtain their CS certification.
Remaining 2017 Testing Windows and Deadlines
June (6/28/17-7/1/17) Testing Window Deadlines:
- CIP Application due: 6/22/17, 5pm
- TExES Test Registration deadline: 6/26/17
- Proof of CS Certification due: 8/11/17, 5pm
August (8/16/17-8/19/17) Testing Window Deadlines:
- CIP Application due: 8/10/17, 5pm
- TExES Test Registration deadline: 8/14/17
- Proof of CS Certification due: 9/15/17, 5pm
October (10/4/17-10/7/17) Testing Window Deadlines:
- CIP Application due: 9/28/17, 5pm
- TExES Test Registration deadline: 10/2/17
- Proof of CS Certification due: 11/14/17, 5pm
December (12/6/17-12/9/17) Testing Window Deadlines:
- CIP Application due: 12/1/17, 5pm
- TExES Test Registration deadline: 12/1/17
- Proof of CS Certification due: 1/18/18, 5pm
For complete information about deadlines and requirements, please read and follow all steps of the CIP Checklist. Texas teachers must meet eligibility requirements and be accepted to the program prior to testing to qualify for the $1,000 stipend.
Interested in taking a certification prep course before taking the certification test? We’ve got you covered!
Get Prepared Online
Foundations of Computer Science for Teachers is a self-paced course is designed to prepare teachers to take the TExES Grades 8-12 Computer Science certification exam. Course materials provide extensive detailed instruction, examples and practice on everything from introductory programming topics such as variables, functions, loops and logical expressions to more advanced topics such as data structures, recursion, and object oriented programming. Basic enrollment is FREE! Participants wanting to receive 36 CPE credit hours from The University of Texas at Austin upon completing the course can upgrade their enrollment to a Verified Certificate. Upgraded participants will also have access to unit quizzes and the comprehensive final, which mimics the actual 100 question CS certification exam. This current course is underway and will remain open through August 19, 2017. Register Now!
Rather get prepared in person?
No problem, we’ve got you covered! WeTeach_CS also offers Certification Prep Face-to-Face, a 2 day workshop style prep class that provides an overview of the educator competencies required of all teachers to become certified in Grades 8-12 Computer Science. Course instructors will address several competencies in depth and link attendees to additional resources that will help to prepare them to challenge the CS certification test. Registration is now open for workshops across Texas. But you have to hurry, they’re filling up fast!
Summer 2017 Workshop Schedule
- July 11-12 – San Antonio – Registration Closes July 4th – Register Now!
- July 18-19 – Beaumont – Registration Closes July 13th – Register Now!
- August 7-8 – Richardson – Registration Closes July 31st – Register Now!
More Information on Certification and CIP
- For more information about Computer Science certification, visit the WeTeach_CS Get Certified page.
- For complete information about CIP requirements and deadlines, visit the CIP Checklist page.
- Read everything and still have CS certification questions? Email us at email@example.com for help.