Spend a week with WeTeach_CS this June starting with the WeTeach_CS Summit from June 5-7 and then stick around for the WeTeach_CS Deep Dives from June 8-9. Don’t have a whole week? No problem. You can simply register for the event you wish to attend. Of course, if you want to attend all five days of CS professional development, then feel free to register for both events!
WeTeach_CS Summit 2017 – June 5-7
The WeTeach_CS Summit is a 3-day CS professional development conference bringing together teachers from across the state and featuring 54 breakout sessions covering a wide range of topics and curriculum. Our teacher-presenters will be joined by representatives from IBM, Google, NCWIT, and DonorsChoose.org. We’re thrilled to have Ruthe Farmer of CS for All as this year’s keynote speaker and will be announcing the winners of the 2017 WeTeach_CS Change Maker Awards and Mini-Grants.
WeTeach_CS Deep Dives – June 8-9
WeTeach_CS Deep Dives answers the question, “what do you do when a breakout session just isn’t enough, but you don’t have time for a full-on workshop?”
Deep Dives is a special CS professional development event designed to offer participants a deeper dive into a subject than is possible during a typical conference breakout session. But, because these are special short courses, this format allows us offer more courses to more teachers than we would normally be able to for a typical professional development workshop. The Deep Dive line up will include Bootstrap, Exploring Computer Science (ECS), Project GUTS, and a condensed version of our WeTeach_CS Certification Prep workshop. We chose these courses based on teacher feedback and need. Each course will run all day (8:00am – 4:00pm) on Thursday and a half-day (8:00am – noon) on Friday. Deep Dives courses are also great for administrators who want to learn the basics of a new curriculum or what’s involved in getting more teachers CS certified.
Accommodations and Transportation Reimbursement
Whether you choose five, three, or two days of CS PD, you may be eligible for Accommodations and Transportation Reimbursement from the Center for STEM Education at UT Austin. (See each event page for details)
- WeTeach_CS Summit – June 5-7, 2017
- WeTeach_CS Deep Dives – June 8-9, 2017
- Where – UT-Austin Pickle Research Campus, Commons Learning Center
- WeTeach_CS Summit – $300 per participant
- WeTeach_CS Deep Dives – $120 per participant
- Registration Deadline
- WeTeach_CS Summit – May 28, 2017
- WeTeach_CS Deep Dives – June 1, 2017
- Accommodations and Transportation Reimbursement – Participants may be eligible for accommodations and travel reimbursements from the Center for STEM Education at UT Austin. See event page for details.
- WeTeach_CS Summit registration does not guarantee a spot in a Deep Dives session, so be sure to register for both!
- You do not have to attend the WeTeach_CS Summit in order to attend the WeTeach_CS Deep Dives. These are separate events.