Major Responsibilities and Duties
Instructional strategies to promote student growth
- Guide the learning of students in accordance with the district’s philosophy of education toward the achievement of curriculum goals.
- Align teaching and available resources to the District curriculum.
- Present subject matter according to guidelines established by the Texas Education Agency, board policies, administrative guidelines and the District curriculum.
- Conduct ongoing assessments of student learning and use results to plan and implement instruction.
- Work cooperatively with other teachers to modify curricula and instruction as needed for special education, 504, ELL, and GT students according to guidelines established.
- Work cooperatively with the campus and district instructional supervisors, leaders, and department heads to improve instruction.
- Offer accelerated instruction to each student who meets any of the state “at risk” criteria in order for the student to perform satisfactorily on the state assessment.
- Work with other members of staff to determine instructional goals, objectives, and methods according to campus and district requirements.
- Assume responsibility for extracurricular activities as assigned; sponsor outside activities approved by the campus principal.
- Use available technologies as appropriate teaching and learning tools.
- Integrate the instruction of technology into subject area teaching.
- Plan and supervise assignments of teacher aide(s) and volunteers.