Computer Science Discoveries
The Code.org Computer Science Discoveries Professional Learning Program is an intensive professional learning program for middle school educators who are interested in teaching Code.org’s CS Discoveries course either as a semester or full-year offering. This program is designed to prepare educators to provide high quality instruction based on the CS Discoveries curriculum, tools, and approach to students in their classrooms. Texas teachers could use the CS Discoveries in a middle school Tech Apps classroom or Fundamental of Computer Science course.
Teachers who apply and are accepted to the program commit to:
- Attending the five-day, in-person summer workshop (dates and locations assigned by district)
- Attending four local one-day, in-person workshops (normally on Saturdays)
- Engaging in 20 hours of on-line PD
- Teaching the course during the 2017-18 school year
- Supporting the recruitment and enrollment of a diverse group of students in the course, representative of the school’s overall student population
Applications close on March 17th!
Professional Learning Program for High School Teachers
Are you a high school teacher or do you know a high school teacher interested teaching CS Principles? Then check out the Code.org Professional Learning Program for CS Principles. More information
Amy Werst, firstname.lastname@example.org