The Computer Science Teachers Association (CSTA) is now accepting proposals for the 2018 CSTA Annual Conference, to be held July 7-10, 2018 in Omaha, Nebraska. The deadline for submitting proposals is November 26, 2017.
Proposals may be started and updated between the opening and closing of the system. The deadline for proposals is midnight (Hawaiian time) on November 26, 2017. Review of proposals will occur shortly thereafter and notification of the program committee’s decisions will be made in December/January 2017.
All submissions will be evaluated on the following criteria:
- appropriateness and relevancy for professional development for K-12 computing;
- feasibility of the proposal;
- timeliness of the topic;
- writing and presentation;
- completeness of the submitted information; and
- consideration for the breadth and balance of topics at the conference.
Successful proposers should expect to submit a draft copy of their presentation by June 1, 2018. Draft presentations will be posted on the website for attendee reference and note-taking. Some sessions may be selected for videotaping, which will be shared online post-conference. All workshops and sessions will be photographed. Workshop presenters will be given a list of registered attendees prior to the conference so that they may email them with any pre-workshop materials or downloads. All presenters are expected to register for the conference.
- 2018 Conference Call for proposals
- Online Proposal Submission Portal
- Application Preview
- Additional information about the 2018 CSTA Annual Conference