If the three days of the 2017 WeTeach_CS Summit (June 5-7) just doesn’t sound like enough CS professional development goodness for your tastes, then consider sticking around and taking part in WeTeach_CS Deep Dives (June 8-9). Deep Dive courses will include, a condensed version of our WeTeach_CS Certification Prep course, Bootstrap, Exploring Computer Science (ECS), and Project GUTS. Today, let’s take a closer look at Exploring Computer Science (ECS).
About Exploring Computer Science (ECS)
The Exploring Computer Science (ECS) professional development program is based on three major pillars: computer science content/concepts, inquiry, and equity. These pillars are woven throughout all of the support provided to our teacher community. Computer science instruction is modeled through role playing, jig sawing activities, pair and small-group collaboration, structured tinkering, multiple solutions, utilizing manipulatives, and simulations. We firmly believe that ECS teachers and students are part of a community where all learners have a voice and can make valuable contributions to the learning of the whole group. Click for more information about Exploring Computer Science (ECS)
About WeTeach_CS Deep Dives
WeTeach_CS Deep Dives is a one and a half day short course event which will immediately follow the WeTeach_CS Summit. The event is made up of four distinct professional development courses (strands) going on simultaneously. Participants will choose which strand they wish to attend during online registration. And while we encourage anyone attending the WeTeach_CS Summit to stay and take part in one of the Deep Dives strands, it’s not necessary to be registered for the Summit in order to register for a Deep Dives course.
- When – June 8-9, 2017
- Where – UT-Austin Pickle Research Campus, Commons Learning Center
- Cost – $120 per participant
- Registration Deadline – June 1, 2017
- Accommodations and Transportation Reimbursement – Participants may be eligible for accommodations and travel reimbursements from the Center for STEM Education at UT Austin. See event page for details.
- WeTeach_CS Summit registration does not guarantee a spot in a Deep Dives session, so be sure to register for both!
- You do not have to attend the WeTeach_CS Summit in order to attend the WeTeach_CS Deep Dives. These are separate events.