Due to popular demand, the start date for T-TESS for Success has been moved to April 2, 2018 in order to give teachers more time to enroll. We know that many teachers in the Texas CS Community also serve as science and mathematics teachers, which is why we want to make sure everyone has the chance to take this new online professional development course from the UT STEM Center—enroll today!
About T-TESS for Success
The goal of T-TESS for Success is to enable math and science teachers to improve their practice through a deep, personal understanding of the T-TESS Rubric and how it leads to improved teacher performance.
- Format – Facilitated
- Start Date – April 2, 2018
- Time/Duration – 4hrs/week for 6 weeks
- Cost – $149
- CPE Credit – 24 hours
What You’ll Learn
- Guide self-directed professional growth focused on instructional improvement at the classroom level, including introduction to SLOs (student learning objectives).
- Provide professional development for teachers that is personally meaningful, immediately relevant, and job-embedded.
- Enable practical application of the knowledge and skills described in the T-TESS rubric with direct application to math and science.
- Increase reflective capacity of classroom teachers to self-assess their effectiveness with student learning.
About the Instructors
Dr. Lori Einfalt is a founding partner of LCM Consulting. She is an enthusiastic trainer and advocate for T-TESS, T-PESS, AEL and SLO (Student Learning Objectives). Lori is also an Adjunct Professor for Concordia University where she teaches in the principal preparation program.
Criss Wakefield spent 36 years as an elementary classroom teacher, assistant principal and principal in the Pflugerville and Goose Creek School Districts. Since retiring in 2010, she has mentored and coached new principals, served as an interim principal in numerous schools, and her most recent work has been focused as a T-TESS and AEL trainer.
Mary Kimmins is an educational consultant partner with LCM Consulting, LLC. In addition, she serves as secretary on the Pflugerville ISD Board of Trustees. She is a TTESS and AEL trainer, and is trained in TPESS and SLO.
Online Professional Development from the UT STEM Center
The UT STEM Center is now offering both self-paced and facilitated online professional development experiences for STEM and CS teachers who don’t have time to attend a multi-day, face-2-face workshop. Learn more