July 20-21, 2017
Thursday – Friday, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Doubletree – Austin, 6505 N IH 35, Austin, TX, 78752
Join instructor, Joy Schwartz, for this training that utilizes 3D printers in the Computer Science classroom. The training will align to TEKS (c)1A, 2A, 5A, 5B, 8A, 8C, and 8D
Stay tuned for more information!
- Type – Face-to-Face
- Dates and Times – Thursday, July 20 – Friday, July 21st, 2017
- Registration Deadline – July 13th, 2017
- Location – Doubletree – Austin, 6505 N IH 35, Austin, TX, 78752, (512) 454-3737 (Map / Directions)
- Eligible Attendees – Texas teachers interested in utilizing 3D printers in their computer science curriculum. Spots are limited to one attendee per district and/or Collaborative.
- Cost – $60 per day per participant, $120 total
- Certificates of Participation – Certificates stating 12 hours of Continuing Professional Education hours (CPE credits) earned will be sent electronically after the participant has completed the online course evaluation. Any questions about certificates should be directed toward the contact person listed on this page.
Accommodations and Transportation
All participants are responsible for their own transportation and lodging arrangements and payments. These costs will be reimbursed by the Center for STEM Education at The University of Texas at Austin to non-WeTeach_CS Collaborative participants who attend the entire event. Lodging costs will be reimbursed at the state rate for those who live more than 60 miles from the event. Mileage will be reimbursed*, also at the state rate, as calculated by MapQuest using the shortest route option. Reimbursement forms will be provided electronically after the event.
*If you owe money to any State of Texas organization or entity, whatever amount you were to receive may be credited toward your debt.
A copy of the Texas Hotel Occupancy Tax Exempt form is provided and should be printed and turned in to your hotel upon arrival. State hotel tax will not be reimbursed.
- Self parking: $12.00
- Valet: $18.00
Application / Registration
- $60.00 per day for each participant.
- $120.00 total per participant for this 2-day workshop.
- Registration fees cover breakfast, lunch and training materials.
- Payments are due before this event.
- Refunds will not be issued for cancellations or those not in attendance.
- Event limited to 25 participants.
- Participants can pay by credit card or check.
- The registration confirmation email will contain all the necessary information you need to provide to your business offices regarding credit card payment records and check processing instructions.
- Checks for registration need to be made out to The University of Texas at Austin. Please mail checks to the attention of Jeff Early, along with the printed registration confirmation email, to the following address:
- Center for STEM Education
1912 Speedway, D5500
Austin, TX 78712
Attn: Jeff Early
- Center for STEM Education
- Payment Questions? Please email Jeff Early with any payment questions you may have.
Online Registration Instructions
- This event is now full!
- Check the events page for more training events coming up.
Carolina Cardenas, firstname.lastname@example.org