February 4, 2017
The Digital Divas Event originated in 2014 as a competition that mimicked the TX UIL Computer Science 2 hour programming competition, differing only in that it was exclusively open to girls. In this event, teams of 3 are given a packet of challenging problems and asked to try to solve as many as they can within the 2 hour allotted time period. To encourage girls to compete and ensure that teams are competing against others of relatively the same experience, there are three categories that teams can register under, “never competed before”, “novice”, and “advanced”.
This year, we — Richardson High School girls in computer science — are hosting the Digital Divas Event and we are expanding the event content to include tech workshops, guest speakers, and mini competitions in addition to the original 2 hour programming competition. It will now be an event that will take up the majority of the day to focus on the multifaceted fields in tech and various ways girls can get involved!
- Type – Face-to-face
- Dates and Times – Saturday, February 4, 2017, 8 am- 5pm
- Registration Deadline – January 28, 2017
- Location – Richardson High School, 1250 West Belt Line Road, Richardson, TX 75080
- Eligible Attendees – Texas high school (9th – 12th grade) females are invited to register.
- Cost – There is no cost to participate.
Application and Registration
There is no cost to participate. Please register at http://www.digitaldivas.rocks.
Accommodations and Transportation
Parking is free and abundant at Richardson High School.