July 24-27, 2017
Monday – Thursday, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Park Crest Middle School – North Railroad Avenue, Pflugerville, TX 78660
The Logo Summer Institute is an intensive immersion in creative computing for K12 teachers, parents, and technology integrators. Our project-based approach supports computational thinking, and STEAM learning and teaching. The program is highly individualized to accommodate novices as well as more experienced participants, teachers of different subjects, and those who work in informal settings as well as in classrooms.
Learn to code as you explore and create projects using Scratch, Makey Makey, Hummingbird, Arduino, and a variety of other hardware and software platforms.
The Logo Summer Institute provides a relaxed atmosphere with a small group of colleagues and a great deal of personal attention from experienced workshop leaders. We have a low participant to facilitator ratio and daily advisory meetings to insure that participants’ individual needs are met.
Bring your own iPad, Chromebooks, or laptop.
Visit the Logo Summer Institute page for more details.
- Type – Workshop
- Dates and Times – Monday, July 24, 2017 – Thursday, July 27, 2017
- Registration Deadline – July 17th, 2017
- Location – Park Crest Middle School, North Railroad Avenue, Pflugerville, TX,78660 (Room #s SC105, SC106, SC107, SC108) – (Map / Directions)
- Eligible Attendees – K-12 teachers that teach or want to teach Computer Science.
- Cost – $100 per day for each participant, $400 total.
- Certificates of Participation – Certificates stating 24 hours of Continuing Professional Education hours (CPE credits) earned will be sent electronically after the participant has completed the online course evaluation. Any questions about certificates should be directed toward the contact person listed on this page.
Accommodations and Transportation
All participants are responsible for their own transportation and lodging arrangements and payments. These costs will be reimbursed by the Center for STEM Education at The University of Texas at Austin to non-WeTeach_CS Collaborative participants who attend the entire event. Lodging costs will be reimbursed at the state rate for those who live more than 60 miles from the event. Mileage will be reimbursed*, also at the state rate, as calculated by MapQuest using the shortest route option. Reimbursement forms will be provided electronically after the event.
*If you owe money to any State of Texas organization or entity, whatever amount you were to receive may be credited toward your debt.
A copy of the Texas Hotel Occupancy Tax Exempt form is provided and should be printed and turned in to your hotel upon arrival. State hotel tax will not be reimbursed.
Application / Registration
- $100.00 per day for each participant.
- $400.00 total per participant for this 4-day workshop.
- Registration fees cover breakfast, lunch and training materials.
- Payments are due before this event.
- Refunds will not be issued for cancellations or those not in attendance.
- Event limited to 40 participants.
- Participants can pay by credit card or check.
- The registration confirmation email will contain all the necessary information you need to provide to your business offices regarding credit card payment records and check processing instructions.
- Checks for registration need to be made out to The University of Texas at Austin. Please mail checks to the attention of Jeff Early, along with the printed registration confirmation email, to the following address:
- Center for STEM Education
1912 Speedway, D5500
Austin, TX 78712
Attn: Jeff Early
- Center for STEM Education
- Payment Questions? Please email Jeff Early with any payment questions you may have.
Online Registration Instructions
- Click the registration button below to register your attendance.
- You must complete all required fields.
- You will be asked for your contact information, what subjects you are currently teaching.
- If you have multiple people attending, please fill out this form for each person. You may need to quit and restart your browser to enter multiple people.
- If you need technical help with the registration page, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Carolina Cardenas, email@example.com