March 2 – 3, 2017
The Cyber Innovation Center will host at 2-day workshop focused on integrating cyber and cybersecurity fundamentals into the classroom. During this workshop, teachers will receive hands-on training and curricula that builds a strong cyber foundation for high school students. Subject matter experts and master teachers will introduce attendees to cybersecurity through robotics, programming, electricity, networking, and elements of liberal arts. In addition, teachers will learn about the opportunities, threats, responsibilities, and legal constraints associated with operating in cyberspace.
The training is particularly appropriate for teachers interested in teaching the Digital Forensics course or integrating cybersecurity and Digital Citizenship into other high school CS courses. The sessions will cover skills outlined in the TEKS for Digital Forensics (§126.36 c.1-5).Download Agenda
- Type – Face-to-face
- Dates and Times – Thursday – Friday, March 2 – 3, 2017
- Application and Registration Deadline – February 24, 2017
- Location – Holiday Inn -Town Lake, 20 North IH 35 Austin, TX 78701
- Eligible Attendees – Texas high school teachers interested in incorporating cybersecurity curriculum into their Technology Applications and/or Computer Science classes.
- Cost –Registration cost is $120.00 total per participant for this 2-day workshop. ($60.00 per day for each participant.)
- Certificates of Participation – Certificates stating 12 hours of Continuing Professional Education hours (CPE credits) earned will be sent electronically after the participant has completed the online course evaluation. Any questions about certificates should be directed toward the contact person listed on this page.
Application and Registration
- $60.00 per day for each participant.
- $120.00 total per participant for this 2-day workshop.
- Registration fees cover breakfast, lunch and training materials.
- Payments are due before this event.
- Refunds will not be issued for cancellations or those not in attendance.
- Event limited to 60 participants.
- Participants can pay by credit card or check. The registration confirmation email will contain all the necessary information you need to provide to your business offices regarding credit card payment records and check processing instructions.
- Checks for registration need to be made out to The University of Texas at Austin. Please mail checks to the attention of Jeff Early, along with the printed registration confirmation email, to the following address.
Please email Jeff Early with any payment questions you may have.
Click the registration button below to register your attendance. You will be asked for your contact information, what subjects you are currently teaching. If you have multiple people attending, please fill out this form for each person. You may need to quit and restart your browser to enter multiple people. If you need technical help with the registration page, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.Register Here
Accommodations and Transportation
All participants are responsible for their own transportation and lodging arrangements and payments. These costs will be reimbursed by the Center for STEM Education at The University of Texas at Austin to non-WeTeach_CS Collaborative participants in Texas who attend the entire event. Lodging costs will be reimbursed at the state rate for those who live more than 60 miles from the event. Mileage will be reimbursed*, also at the state rate, as calculated by MapQuest using the shortest route option. Reimbursement forms will be provided electronically after the event.
*If you owe money to any State of Texas organization or entity, whatever amount you were to receive may be credited toward your debt.
A copy of the Texas Hotel Occupancy Tax Exempt form is provided and should be printed and turned in to your hotel upon arrival. State hotel tax will not be reimbursed.
Guests can also call toll free: 1-888-615-0509
GROUP CODE: STM
Parking –Parking is free at the Holiday Inn- Town Lake.