November 3rd-4th, 2016
WeTeach_CS Certification Prep will provide an overview of the educator competencies required of all teachers to become certified in Grades 8-12 Computer Science. This certification is necessary to teach courses such as Computer Science I, II or III, Fundamentals of Computer Science, or AP Computer Science A. Course instructors will address several competencies in depth and link attendees to additional resources that will help to prepare them to challenge the CS certification test.
- Type – Face-to-face
- Dates and Times – Thursday-Friday, November 3rd-4th, 2016
- Application and Registration Deadline – Registration deadline is October 27th, 2016. The deadline for the hotel block is October 3rd, 2016.
- Location – Drury Inn and Suites , 6711 North IH 35 , Austin, Texas 78752
- Eligible Attendees – Texas teachers interested in becoming certified to teach Grades 8-12 Computer Science are eligible to attend. Attendees should have at least some prior experience in coding or programming to maximize their participation in this workshop.
- Cost and Reimbursement – Registration cost is $120.00 total per participant for this 2-day workshop. ($60.00 per day for each participant.) Travel costs will be reimbursed by the Center for STEM Education at The University of Texas at Austin to participants who attend the entire event.
- Certificates of Participation – Certificates stating 12 hours of Continuing Professional Education hours (CPE credits) earned will be sent electronically after the participant has completed the online course evaluation. Any questions about certificates should be directed toward the contact person listed on this page.
Application and Registration
Click here to register your attendance through Cvent. The deadline is October 27th, 2016. (Note that these sessions tend to get full, so earlier registration is recommended.)
You will be asked for your contact information, what subjects you are currently teaching. If you have multiple people attending, please fill out this form for each person. You may need to quit and restart your browser to enter multiple people. If you need technical help with the registration page, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Some registration notes:
- Registration fees cover breakfast, lunch and training materials.
- Payments are due before this event.
- Refunds will not be issued for cancellations or those not in attendance.
- The event is limited to 40 participants.
Participants can pay by credit card or check. The registration confirmation email will contain all the necessary information you need to provide to your business offices regarding credit card payment records and check processing instructions.
Checks for registration need to be made out to The University of Texas at Austin. Please mail checks to the attention of Jeff Early, along with the printed registration confirmation email, to the following address.
Center for STEM Education
1912 Speedway, D5500
Austin, TX 78712
Attn: Jeff Early
If you have questions about payment, please email Jeff Early (email@example.com) with any payment questions you may have.
Accommodations and Transportation
All participants are responsible for their own travel arrangements and payments. These costs will be reimbursed by the Center for STEM Education at The University of Texas at Austin to participants who attend the entire event. Lodging costs will be reimbursed at the state rate for those who live more than 60 miles from the event. Mileage will be reimbursed, also at the state rate, as calculated by MapQuest using the shortest route option.
A hotel block has been arranged by the Center for STEM Education for this event. Rooms have been held for your group and to make reservations, please click here. Please make your reservations by Monday, October 3, 2016 to receive your group rate. Reservations made after this date will be subject to prevailing rate and availability. Reservations may also be made by calling 1-800-325-0720 and referring to your group number.
A copy of the Texas Hotel Occupancy Tax Exempt form is provided and should be printed and turned in to your hotel upon arrival. State hotel tax will not be reimbursed. A copy of the Texas Hotel Occupancy Tax Exempt form is provided and should be printed and turned in to your hotel upon arrival. State hotel tax will not be reimbursed.
Parking is free at the Drury Inn.