September 8 – 9, 2016
WeTeach_CS Certification Prep will provide an overview of the educator competencies required of all teachers to become certified in Grades 8-12 Computer Science. This certification is necessary to teach courses such as Computer Science I, II or III, Fundamentals of Computer Science, or AP Computer Science A. Course instructors will address several competencies in depth and link attendees to additional resources that will help to prepare them to challenge the CS certification test.
- Type – Face-to-face
- Dates and Times – Thursday-Friday, September 8th-9th, 2016
- Application and Registration Deadline – September 6th, 2016
- Location – Norris Conference Center, 2525 West Anderson Lane, Ste 365, Austin, Texas, 78757
- Eligible Attendees – Texas teachers interested in becoming certified to teach Grades 8-12 Computer Science are eligible to attend. Attendees should have at least some prior experience in coding or programming to maximize their participation in this workshop.
- Cost and Reimbursement – Registration cost is $120.00 total per participant for this 2-day workshop. ($60.00 per day for each participant.) Travel costs will be reimbursed by the Center for STEM Education at The University of Texas at Austin to participants who attend the entire event.
- Certificates of Participation – Certificates stating 14 hours of Continuing Professional Education hours (CPE credits) earned will be sent electronically after the participant has completed the online course evaluation. Any questions about certificates should be directed toward the contact person listed on this page.
Application and Registration
Click here to register your attendance through Cvent. The deadline is September 6, 2016. (Note that these sessions tend to get full, so earlier registration is recommended.)
You will be asked for your contact information, what subjects you are currently teaching. If you have multiple people attending, please fill out this form for each person. You may need to quit and restart your browser to enter multiple people. If you need technical help with the registration page, send an email to email@example.com.
Some registration notes:
- Registration fees cover breakfast, lunch and training materials.
- Payments are due before this event.
- Refunds will not be issued for cancellations or those not in attendance.
- The event is limited to 40 participants.
Participants can pay by credit card or check. The registration confirmation email will contain all the necessary information you need to provide to your business offices regarding credit card payment records and check processing instructions.
Checks for registration need to be made out to The University of Texas at Austin. Please mail checks to the attention of Jeff Early, along with the printed registration confirmation email, to the following address.
Center for STEM Education
1912 Speedway, D5500
Austin, TX 78712
Attn: Jeff Early
If you have questions about payment, please email Jeff Early (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any payment questions you may have.
Accommodations and Transportation
All participants are responsible for their own travel arrangements and payments. These costs will be reimbursed by the Center for STEM Education at The University of Texas at Austin to participants who attend the entire event. Lodging costs will be reimbursed at the state rate for those who live more than 60 miles from the event. Mileage will be reimbursed, also at the state rate, as calculated by MapQuest using the shortest route option.
No hotel block arrangements have been made by the Center for STEM Education for this event. Make reservations at an area hotel of your choice, asking for state rate. A list of nearby hotels is provided as a courtesy.
A copy of the Texas Hotel Occupancy Tax Exempt form is provided and should be printed and turned in to your hotel upon arrival. State hotel tax will not be reimbursed.
- Accommodations – No hotel block arrangements have been made by the Center for STEM Education. Please make your own reservation, asking for the Texas state rate. When you check-in at your hotel, provide the hotel with a copy of the Texas Hotel Occupancy Tax Exemption Certificate so you will not be charged state tax. The Center for STEM Education will not reimburse state hotel tax.
- Transportation – If you drive, mileage will be reimbursed at the state rate of 54 cents per mile (2016 rate). Use the shortest route on MapQuest to determine the distance. If you fly, please choose the least expensive flight and rental car.
- Parking – Parking is free at the Norris Conference Center.