WeTeach_CS and Oracle Academy’s Keep Calm and Java On course is your best opportunity to learn what you need to know to start teaching the Java language in high school, including AP CS! But this opportunity won’t last forever. Registration and enrollment closes on Tuesday, September 12, 2017.
Don’t miss out! Register Today!
See below for more information and registration details.
The WeTeach_CS Program housed in the Center for STEM Education at UT Austin, in partnership with Oracle Academy, is offering a series of courses for Texas teachers interested in teaching computer science. This series of professional development experiences will prepare participants to teach courses such as Computer Science I, Computer Science II, or AP Computer Science. Since the AP Computer Science course is based on the Java programming language, this will be the focus of the technical training component. This class is best suited for High School teachers however if you feel that you could benefit from this training we are happy to have you register for the class and join us. Oracle Academy also offers workshops that are excellent resources for Middle and Elementary School. Keep Calm and Java On is offered in two parts, Java Fundamentals and Java Programming.
- Registration/Enrollment Deadline – Tuesday, September 12, 2017
- Course Schedule – Class times will be online from 6:00-8:00pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays from September 26 – November 16, 2017. There will be no class on October 31st.
- Registration/Enrollment Deadline – November 14, 2017
- Course Schedule – Class times will be online from 6:00-8:00pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays from November 28 – December 14, 2017.
How to Register
In order to register for the course please complete the following steps. The entire process might take a few days to complete.
- Create an Institutional membership with Oracle Academy
- Once you receive your welcome email (can be up to 24 hours after completing your membership) you can register for the virtual class. Registration closes 2 weeks before the class begins.
- Enroll in the Keep Calm and Java On virtual classes
- Java Fundamentals – Event number – J001NA914_18
- Java Programming – Event number – J003NA915_18
Have questions or need help?
If you have any issues with the registration process please contact Cassi Elliott at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Location – Online
- CPE Credits – Certificates stating 44 hours (Java Fundamentals – 32 hours, Java Programming – 12 hours) of Continuing Professional Education hours (CPE credits) earned will be sent electronically from Oracle Academy after the participant has completed the online course. Any questions about certificates should be directed toward the contact person listed on this page.
- Cost – The online courses (Java Fundamentals and Java Programming) are free.