Texas teachers always give their workshops high marks, which is why we’re not only honored to have Launch CS as our newest WeTeach_CS Program Sponsor, but also thrilled to have them join us for the 2018 WeTeach_CS Summit!
How to integrate Computational Thinking (The Right Way)
Monday, June 18 • 10:00am – 11:00am
Join Launch CS to explore ways to make core content engaging and fun with computational thinking. In this hands-on session educators will play and create using a handheld, fully programmable computing device called Micro:Bit.
During this session, you will explore how developing your own content knowledge in computational thinking will help you create meaningful integrations into your curriculum. You will learn by constructing your knowledge through a creative Micro:Bit programming project and an engaging unplugged activity.
The goal for this session is to get you excited about computational thinking integration. Everyone loves learning at conferences and has aspirations of transferring our learning back into our classrooms and/or buildings. To help make that a reality for educators in this session, 40 participants will leave this session with a Micro:Bit device to take back into their classrooms!
Find more WeTeach_CS Summit sessions online
The full session schedule for the WeTeach_CS Summit 2018, featuring over 90(!!!) breakout sessions, is now online. Mobile and calendar friendly, attendees can browse sessions, read descriptions, and pre-plan their Summit breakout session experience! View the WeTeach_CS Summit 2018 Online Schedule
About the 2018 WeTeach_CS Summit
The WeTeach_CS Summit is a 3-day event which educates, empowers, and inspires K-12 CS teachers, advocates, administrators, professional development providers, university instructors, and policy-makers to advance the goal of CS for All in Texas and beyond. This year’s Summit will be held on the shores of the San Gabriel River at the Sheraton Austin Georgetown Hotel and Conference Center in Georgetown, TX, just outside of Austin. Approximately 450 CS champions will be in attendance. More information
WeTeach_CS Summit Registration Details
- When – June 18-20, 2018 (Monday – Wednesday)
- Where – Sheraton Austin Georgetown Hotel & Conference Center, Georgetown, TX (35mi north of Austin)
- Cost – $400 per participant
- Registration Deadline – June 11, 2018
- Accommodations and Travel Reimbursement – Attendees may be eligible for reimbursement of travel and accommodations expenses. See registration page for details.
- Hotel Room Block and Group Rate – A room block is available and a group rate is available until May 17, 2018. Subject to availability. See registration page for details.