WeTeach_CS knows that #CSforAll doesn’t begin and end in high school, so we’re thrilled to partner with Launch CS to bring this unique professional development opportunity to Texas K-8 teachers. Launch CS is known for building capacity in schools through intensive, interactive, and engaging CS professional development which integrates computational thinking (CT) skills with other topics. This is why we feel the Launch CS K-8 Integrated Workshop will really help our K-8 teachers bring #CSforAll to their classrooms.
Because this is the first time we’ve offered this often-requested course, we expect demand to be high. Don’t wait—Register Today!
About Launch CS K-8 Integrated Workshop
This Launch CS course prepares teachers to become effective and confident K-8 computer science teachers. During the training, teachers learn about computational thinking and as well as computer science content pedagogy. The purpose of this training is to cultivate a sustainable Computer Science (CS) for All implementation model that equitably provides:
- Students high quality CS education where deep learning is prioritized over exposure
- Teachers a high sense of self efficacy with a mastery of content knowledge
- Administrators the tools to ensure equitable advancement of CS in their schools
The program is aligned to national standards including those created by the Computer Science Teacher Association (CSTA) and the International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE).
Want more details? Download the course flyer! (PDF)
- When – December 11-13, 2017 (Monday – Wednesday)
- Where – Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Austin – University Area – Austin, TX
- Registration Deadline – December 4, 2017
- Cost – $300 per participant
- CPE Credit – 24 hours of CPE credit from The University of Texas at Austin
Concerned about travel and accommodations costs?
Participants may be eligible for accommodations and travel reimbursements from the UT Center for STEM Education. See registration page for details.
Contact, Carolina Cardenas at firstname.lastname@example.org.