Computational Thinking (CT) skills are crucial for students to develop for all 21st century careers and the earlier students being learning CT the better. Knowing this, Launch CS works to build capacity in schools through intensive, interactive, and engaging CS professional development which integrates computational thinking skills with core K-8 classes. This is why we’ve joined with Launch CS to offer this 3-day course to prepare teachers to become effective and confident K-8 computer science teachers. During the training, teachers learn about computational thinking and as well as computer science content pedagogy.
Registration for this course closes on December 4 and it’s already half full. So, don’t delay—Register Today!
About Launch CS K-8 Integrated Workshop
This Launch CS course prepares teachers to become effective and confident K-8 computer science teachers. During the training, teachers learn about computational thinking and as well as computer science content pedagogy. The purpose of this training is to cultivate a sustainable Computer Science (CS) for All implementation model that equitably provides:
- Students high quality CS education where deep learning is prioritized over exposure
- Teachers a high sense of self efficacy with a mastery of content knowledge
- Administrators the tools to ensure equitable advancement of CS in their schools
The program is aligned to national standards including those created by the Computer Science Teacher Association (CSTA) and the International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE).
Want more details? Download the course flyer! (PDF)
- When – December 11-13, 2017 (Monday – Wednesday)
- Where – Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Austin – University Area – Austin, TX
- Registration Deadline – December 4, 2017
- Cost – $300 per participant
- CPE Credit – 24 hours of CPE credit from The University of Texas at Austin
Concerned about travel and accommodations costs?
Participants may be eligible for accommodations and travel reimbursements from the UT Center for STEM Education. See registration page for details.
Contact, Carolina Cardenas at email@example.com.