Coding Clubs and Camps (C3)
Grade level – K-12
A strong afterschool program in computer science can generate interest in STEM and build a pipeline of students into your school’s computer science coursework. But how do you create a high quality, sustainable coding club or summer camp without breaking your back or busting the bank? In this Deep Dive, we’ll connect with the experts to provide best practices, tips and tricks from the front lines and activities you can use right away to generate excitement and energy around your program. Get ready for conversation with experts from TXPOST, Texas Girls Collaborative, Google Afterschool Advisory Board, Texas Advanced Computing Center and Georgia Tech, along with educators from across Texas to share their best practices. Topics:
- Resources, standards and support for a high quality afterschool program
- Recruiting and engaging under-represented students in afterschool programming
- Building a sustainable summer camp using quality outcomes and good data
- Marketing your afterschool program
- Hands on fun, including how to build your own CS Escape Room and hands on tech tools for clubs and camps
Learn more at www.youthcodejam.org.
About WeTeach_CS Deep Dives 2018 – June 21-22
When a breakout session is not enough, but you don’t have time for a multi-day workshop—take a Deep Dive!
WeTeach_CS Deep Dives is a special 1.5-day event which picks up right where the 2018 WeTeach_CS Summit (June 18-20) leaves off. So, if the three days of the WeTeach_CS Summit just doesn’t sound like enough CS professional development goodness for your tastes, then consider sticking around and taking part in WeTeach_CS Deep Dives! But you don’t have to attend the WeTeach_CS Summit in order to attend a Deep Dives course. Maybe you only have time to take a quick dip into one of the featured subjects. No problem–that’s what Deep Dives are for. More information
WeTeach_CS Deep Dives Registration Details
- When – June 21-22, 2018 (Thursday – Friday)
- Where – Sheraton Austin Georgetown Hotel & Conference Center, Georgetown, TX (35mi north of Austin)
- Cost – $200 per participant
- Registration Deadline – June 12, 2018
- Accommodations and Travel Reimbursement – Attendees may be eligible for reimbursement of travel and accommodations expenses. See registration page for details.
- Hotel Room Block and Group Rate – A room block is available and a group rate is available until May 17, 2018. Subject to availability. See registration page for details.