According to the Entertainment Software Association, the 42% of adults who play video games at least 3 hours per week are contributing to a $36 Billion industry in the United States alone, with worldwide revenues over $100 billion. This makes makes a future career in the video gaming industry very attractive to students from all backgrounds and interests.
About the Game Design Deep Dive
Due to industry and cultural growth, Game Design programs are appearing in schools across the country. Game design is an appealing way to introduce Computer Science concepts to a broader audience, because it incorporate knowledge from Art, Math, and Computer Science. In this Deep Dive, you’ll learn how you can use these cutting edge ideas to teach CS concepts and inspire the future careers of high school students. Based on the ideas of several game designers, programmers, industry professionals, and educators, this session is designed to introduce teachers to this topic and how it connects to Texas state requirements.
Participants will learn how to:
- Analyze games and the culture surrounding them.
- Design games from scratch.
- Work with industry leading game development technologies.
- Incorporate game design into your curriculum.
About WeTeach_CS Deep Dives 2018 – June 21-22
When a breakout session is not enough, but you don’t have time for a multi-day workshop—take a Deep Dive!
WeTeach_CS Deep Dives is a special 1.5-day event which picks up right where the 2018 WeTeach_CS Summit (June 18-20) leaves off. So, if the three days of the WeTeach_CS Summit just doesn’t sound like enough CS professional development goodness for your tastes, then consider sticking around and taking part in WeTeach_CS Deep Dives! But you don’t have to attend the WeTeach_CS Summit in order to attend a Deep Dives course. Maybe you only have time to take a quick dip into one of the featured subjects. No problem–that’s what Deep Dives are for. Learn more about the WeTeach_CS Deep Dives.
Registration Note: When you register for the WeTeach_CS Deep Dives, you will select the strand you wish to attend. Keep in mind that each strand has a limited number of seats, so be sure to register soon and maybe have a backup session in mind.
WeTeach_CS Deep Dives Registration Details
- When – June 21-22, 2018 (Thursday – Friday)
- Where – Sheraton Austin Georgetown Hotel & Conference Center, Georgetown, TX (35mi north of Austin)
- Cost – $200 per participant
- Registration Deadline – June 12, 2018
- Accommodations and Travel Reimbursement – Attendees may be eligible for reimbursement of travel and accommodations expenses. See registration page for details.
- Hotel Room Block and Group Rate – A room block is available and a group rate is available until May 17, 2018. Subject to availability. See registration page for details.