Learn key computer science topics to improve instruction and prepare for the Praxis & TExES Computer Science teacher certification test.
Planning to get CS certified this fall?
Let WeTeach_CS help you prepare!
The fall session of our online certification prep course, Foundations of Computer Science for Teachers, is now open! Hundreds of teachers from around the country have already taken Foundations of Computer Science for Teachers, with many going on to achieve CS certification and earn their $1000 stipend. So, don’t wait to start your certification journey—Enroll Today!
Prepare online with WeTeach_CS
Foundations of Computer Science for Teachers is designed to prepare teachers to take the TExES 241 Grades 8-12 Computer Science certification exam. The course provides extensive detailed instruction, examples and practice on everything from introductory programming topics such as variables, functions, loops and logical expressions to more advanced topics such as data structures, recursion, and object oriented programming. Enrolled participants will receive access to weekly quizzes and the comprehensive final, which mimics the actual 100 question CS certification exam.
What You’ll Learn
- Week 1: Software Design and Programming basics – Included in the free preview
- Week 2: Programming Fundamentals
- Week 3: Loops and Recursion
- Week 4: Data Structures
- Week 5: More OOP, Algorithms, and Big O (Oh my!)
- Week 6: Technology Applications
- Week 7: Special Topics – Discrete Math, Digital Forensics, and Game and Mobile Application Development
- Format – Self-paced
- Duration – 7 weeks
- Time requirement – 6 hours per week
- Cost – $398
- CPE Credit – 40 hours
- FREE Course Preview Available