Planning to get CS certified this summer? WeTeach_CS just made it a lot easier to prepare!
Our online certification prep course, Foundations of Computer Science for Teachers, has been extended to August 19, 2017. This means if you’re planning to take the TExES CS Certification Exam during the August 16-19 testing window, you can have access to course materials for review right up until your test day! Register Now!
Prepare online with WeTeach_CS
Foundations of Computer Science for Teachers is a self-paced course is designed to prepare teachers to take the TExES 141 or 241 Grades 8-12 Computer Science certification exam. Course materials provide extensive detailed instruction, examples and practice on everything from introductory programming topics such as variables, functions, loops and logical expressions to more advanced topics such as data structures, recursion, and object oriented programming. Basic enrollment is FREE! Participants wanting to receive 36 CPE credit hours from The University of Texas at Austin upon completing the course can upgrade their enrollment to a Verified Certificate. Upgraded participants will also have access to unit quizzes and the comprehensive final, which mimics the actual 100 question CS certification exam.
How to Register
- To register visit the course information page on EdX
- Click the Enroll Now button
- Create a new EdX account, if you’re new to EdX, or just login if you already have and EdX account.
Work at your own pace or work for credit
- Enrollment in Foundations of Computer Science for Teachers is free! Everyone who enrolls in the course will receive full access to all course material.
- Participants wanting to receive 36 Continuing Professional Education (CPE) credit hours from The University of Texas at Austin upon completing the course can upgrade their enrollment to a Verified Certificate. Upgraded participants will also have access to unit quizzes and the comprehensive final, which mimics the actual 100 question CS certification exam.
Rather get prepared in person?
No problem, we’ve got you covered! WeTeach_CS also offers Certification Prep Face-to-Face, a 2 day workshop style prep class that provides an overview of the educator competencies required of all teachers to become certified in Grades 8-12 Computer Science. Course instructors will address several competencies in depth and link attendees to additional resources that will help to prepare them to challenge the CS certification test. Registration is now open for workshops across Texas. But you have to hurry, they’re filling up fast!
Summer 2017 Workshop Schedule
- June 12-13 – Edinburg – Registration Closes June 5th – Register Now!
- June 12-13 – Abilene – Registration Closes June 6th – Register Now!
- July 11-12 – San Antonio – Registration Closes July 4th – Register Now!
- July 18-19 – Beaumont – Registration Closes July 13th – Register Now!
- August 7-8 – Richardson – Registration Closes July 31st – Register Now!
Still undecided? Would you like 1000 reasons to get CS certified this summer?
Teachers planning to take the TExES CS 8-12 Certification Test during the June or August testing windows may be eligible for for the Certification Incentive Program (CIP), which offers a $1000 stipend to accepted teachers who obtain their CS certification. For complete information about deadlines and requirements, please read and follow all steps of the CIP Checklist. Texas teachers must meet eligibility requirements and be accepted to the program prior to testing to qualify for the $1,000 stipend. Read more about CS certification
Summer 2017 Testing Windows
June (6/28/17-7/1/17) Testing Window Deadlines:
- CIP Application due: 6/22/17, 5pm
- TExES Test Registration deadline: 6/26/17
- Proof of CS Certification due: 8/11/17, 5pm
August (8/16/17-8/19/17) Testing Window Deadlines:
- CIP Application due: 8/10/17, 5pm
- TExES Test Registration deadline: 8/14/17
- Proof of CS Certification due: 9/15/17, 5pm