Planning to get CS certified this summer? Start preparing now!
Prepare online with WeTeach_CS
Registration is now open for the next session of the WeTeach_CS online Certification Prep course, Foundations of Computer Science for Teachers, starting on May 8, 2017. This self-paced course is designed to prepare teachers to take the TExES 141 or 241 Grades 8-12 Computer Science certification exam. Course materials provide extensive detailed instruction, examples and practice on everything from introductory programming topics such as variables, functions, loops and logical expressions to more advanced topics such as data structures, recursion, and object oriented programming. Basic enrollment is FREE! Participants wanting to receive 36 CPE credit hours from The University of Texas at Austin upon completing the course can upgrade their enrollment to a Verified Certificate. Upgraded participants will also have access to unit quizzes and the comprehensive final, which mimics the actual 100 question CS certification exam.
How to Register
- To register visit the course information page on EdX
- Click the Enroll Now button
- Create a new EdX account, if you’re new to EdX, or just login if you already have and EdX account.
Work at your own pace or work for credit
- Enrollment in Foundations of Computer Science for Teachers is free! Everyone who enrolls in the course will receive full access to all course material when the course begins on May 8, 2017 at 7PM Central Time.
- Participants wanting to receive 36 Continuing Professional Education (CPE) credit hours from The University of Texas at Austin upon completing the course can upgrade their enrollment to a Verified Certificate. Upgraded participants will also have access to unit quizzes and the comprehensive final, which mimics the actual 100 question CS certification exam.
Still undecided? Would you like 1000 reasons to get CS certified this summer?
Teachers planning to take the TExES CS 8-12 Certification Test during the May, June, or August testing windows may be eligible for for the Certification Incentive Program (CIP), which offers a $1000 stipend to accepted teachers who obtain their CS certification. For complete information about deadlines and requirements, please read and follow all steps of the CIP Checklist. Texas teachers must meet eligibility requirements and be accepted to the program prior to testing to qualify for the $1,000 stipend. Read more about CS certification