If you’re looking for a way to get more Middle School girls in interested and excited about CS, then ProjectCSGirls has the competition for you! But you have to hurry, because registration closes on February 15th!
About the Competition
The challenge is simple. Build something using computer science and technology that can help solve an imminent social problem under one of three themes – global health, a safer world, and intelligent technology. You can think of it as a virtual hackathon for middle school girls. We’re looking for projects that are powerful in their ability to change and disrupt the present in a positive way.
- Eligibility – Open to middle school girls (6th – 8th grade) attending school in the USA in the 2016-2017 school year. (Elementary 6th graders and home-schooled girls are also eligible.) Girls may compete individually or in teams of up to 3 participants.
- Registration Deadline – February 15, 2017
- Project Due Date – April 15, 2017
- More information – Complete Competition Information
- Registration – Online Registration