WeTeachCS Certification Prep is going global!
The successful course which has been taken by hundreds face to face and by over 1,500 online to help them prepare for the TExES Grades 8-12 Computer Science Certification exam in Texas or the Praxis in other states around the country will now be available as a Massively Open Online Course or MOOC on EdX and the first run is open for registration!
The 6 week course provides extensive detailed instruction, examples and practice on everything from introductory programming topics such as variables, functions, loops and logical expressions to more advanced topics such as data structures, recursion, and object oriented programming.
All of the content for the course will become available when the course begins on January 16, at 7 PM Central Time.
With this move comes a name change for the national and international audience. The course on EdX is titled Foundations of Computer Science for Teachers.
How to Register
- To register visit the course information page on EdX
- Click the Enroll Now button
- Create a new EdX account, if you’re new to EdX, or just login if you already have and EdX account.
Work at your own pace or work for credit
- Enrollment in Foundations of Computer Science for Teachers is free! Everyone who enrolls in the course will receive full access to all practice content when the course begins on January 16, 2017 at 7PM Central Time.
- Participants wanting to receive 36 Continuing Professional Education (CPE) credit hours upon completing the course can upgrade their enrollment to a Verified Certificate. Upgraded participants will also have access to weekly quizzes and the comprehensive final, which mimics the actual 100 question CS certification exam.
- Registration Opens – Today!
- Course Begins – January 16, 2017
- Course Ends – March 10, 2017
Note for those who’ve taken WeTeachCS Certification Prep on EdX Edge
Your EdX Edge login information will not work on EdX, because EdX and EdX Edge use separate login accounts. So, If you’ve taken the WeTeachCS Certification Prep course on EdX Edge, you will need to create a new EdX account unless you already have a separate EdX account.