Planning to get CS certified in 2018?
Let WeTeach_CS help you prepare!
The spring session of our online certification prep course, Foundations of Computer Science for Teachers, will open on January 9, 2018 at 7PM. Hundreds of teachers from around the country have already taken Foundations of Computer Science for Teachers, with many going on to achieve CS certification and earn their $1000 stipend. So, don’t wait to start your certification journey—Register today!
Prepare online with WeTeach_CS
Foundations of Computer Science for Teachers is a self-paced course designed to prepare teachers to take the TExES 241 Grades 8-12 Computer Science certification exam or any Praxis based CS certification exam. Course materials provide extensive detailed instruction, examples, and practice on everything from introductory programming topics such as variables, functions, loops, and logical expressions to more advanced topics such as data structures, recursion, and object-oriented programming. While Foundations of Computer Science for Teachers is designed as a 7-week course, the spring session will run through May 14th to make sure you have plenty of time to finish the course and review before taking the CS certification exam.
What You’ll Learn
- Week 1: Software Design and Programming basics
- Week 2: Programming Fundamentals
- Week 3: Loops and Recursion
- Week 4: Data Structures
- Week 5: More OOP, Algorithms, and Big O (Oh my!)
- Week 6: Technology Applications
- Week 7: Special Topics – Discrete Math, Digital Forensics, and Game and Mobile Application Development
Work at your own pace or work for credit
- Basic Enrollment – Basic enrollment allows you to simply work at your own pace by giving you access to all of the course materials.
- Upgraded Enrollment – Upgrade your enrollment ($199) to earn 40 CPE credit hours from The University of Texas at Austin, upon successfully completing the course, while giving yourself your best chance to pass the CS certification exam. Along with all course materials, upgraded enrollment includes weekly quizzes to track your progress as well as a comprehensive final, which mimics the actual 100 question CS 8-12 certification exam.
How to register
- Visit – https://utakeit.stemcenter.utexas.edu/foundations-of-cs-r02s2018/
- Choose your enrollment level – You may select basic enrollment or choose to upgrade your enrollment to unlock all course features.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to complete your registration!
- Once registered you will receive an email confirmation and the course will show up in your personal UTakeIt dashboard.
Rather get prepared in person?
No problem, we’ve got you covered!
Give John Owen and the WeTeach_CS Team two days and they’ll tell you what you’ll need to know to pass the TExES 241 CS 8-12 certification exam during this 2-day workshop style prep. WeTeach_CS Certification Prep Face-2-Face provides an overview of the educator competencies required of all teachers to become certified in Grades 8-12 Computer Science. Course instructors will address several competencies in depth and link attendees to additional resources that will help to prepare them to challenge the CS certification test.
The next Face-2-Face workshop will be held on January 22-23, 2018 in Houston. This course is limited to 40 attendees and our 2-day workshops have been known to sell out, so don’t delay. If you’re planning to take the CS exam in February—register today!
Still deciding if you should get CS certified?
Would you like 1000 reasons to help make up your mind?
Thanks to the support of the Texas Education Agency (TEA), WeTeach_CS is offering a $1,000 stipend, through the Certification Incentive Program (CIP), to currently certified Texas educators who add a CS certification to their resume. This means current Texas teachers who decide to join us on the road to 500, by taking the TExES CS 8-12 Certification Test, may be eligible to receive a $1000 stipend upon achieving CS certification.
For complete information about deadlines and requirements, please read and follow all steps of the CIP Checklist. Texas teachers must meet certain eligibility requirements and be accepted into the program prior to testing to qualify for the $1,000 stipend.
More Information on Certification and CIP
- For more information about Computer Science certification, visit the WeTeach_CS Get Certified page.
- For complete information about CIP requirements and deadlines, visit the CIP Checklist page.
- Read everything and still have CS certification questions? Email us at email@example.com for help.