STEMpreneurship Teacher Workshop will expose high school educators to the STEMed Labs student experiences with hands-on training on Pi Bytes and the 3 Day Start Up. The Teacher Workshop will consist of a total of three Saturdays.
* Saturday (January 23, 2016) from 1-5 PM is mandatory for all enrollees on The University of Texas at Austin campus.
* Participants would commit to serving as a Teaching Assistant (TA) during two student portions of the series on two of the following:
– Saturday, January 30, 2016
– Saturday, February 6, 2016
– Saturday, February 13, 2016
– Saturday, February 20, 2016
* The 3 Day Start Up the weekend of February 26, 2016 at the Capital Factory is encouraged but optional.
Pi Bytes is a short and intensive course for high school students that covers basic concepts in computer science, programming, and electronics on the popular Raspberry Pi platform in a collaborative, project-based environment. Designed to be consumed over 4 consecutive weekends, the course introduces students to the Pi, the Linux operating system, Python programming, and electronics.
Typically a final project such as a traffic light controller is designed by the students, though students can choose their own projects. The core skills taught in Pi Bytes are sought-after in the real-world and are highly marketable.
The 3 Day Startup is a 72-hour learning-by-doing workshop that teaches entrepreneurial skills to students in an extreme hands-on environment.
Sessions from January 30 – February 20, 2016 will be held in Pflugerville, TX. Participants that complete the training and TA commitment will receive a Raspberry Pi.
The application closes on Friday, December 18, 2015. Chosen applicants will be notified by Friday, January 8, 2016.