Opportunity for Teachers
In return for assisting students during the SusatinIT STEMbridge Summer Camps, participating teacher will receive the following benefits.
- Will receive training in the camp’s subject matter and curriculum appropriate for their own classrooms
- Will work on hands-on projects with students using platforms including the Raspberry Pi
- Will receive a Raspberry Pi kit (a $150 value) for each week of camp that they complete. (Teachers may receive up to 3 Raspberry Pi kits–free!)
The SustainIT STEMbridge program is a series of one-week summer camps developed around the intersection of computer science and select sustainability topics. Teachers will receive training prior to the arrival of students then participate in the camp as Teaching Assistants alongside industry volunteers from STEMEd Labs and the lead teacher for two afternoons. While students can elect to attend a subset of these camps, they’re designed to be consumed consecutively for the greatest benefit.
Teachers will commit to a minimum of one week of camp but are welcome to attend two and/or the full three weeks. Registration is limited to 20 teachers per week.
Camps run Monday – Thursday of each week
- Week 1 – June 13-16, 2016
- Week 2 – June 20-23, 2016
- Week 3 – June 27-30, 2016
Daily schedule for teachers will be 8am to noon on Mondays and 10am to noon on Thursdays, plus two afternoons (1-5 p.m.) with students.
Additional information and a link to the teacher application can be found at http://www.thetrc.org/sustainit-stembridge-2016/