This program provides an opportunity for Texas educators to apply for a one-time stipend of $1,000 through The University of Texas at Austin, Center for STEM Education. Please read the complete application instructions prior to submission of this application.
CANDIDATES ARE REQUIRED TO
- be pursuing certification in Computer Science 8-12.
- not already hold the following certifications: Computer Science 8-12 or Computer Information Systems (any level)
- be currently certified to teach in Texas or enrolled in an approved teacher certification program
- submit an application and required documentation by applicable deadlines
- receive approval prior to testing (exceptions will be made for those who tested between August 1, 2015 and December 31, 2015)
- apply for a specific test window by the applicable deadline
- register themselves for the approved test date and pay all applicable fees
- complete all requirements for certification and pay all applicable fees
- provide proof of success on the exam and proof of certification by the applicable deadline
- participate and provide required information in a post-program survey during August 2016
- Read application instructions (PDF)
- Completed online application
- Returned proof of current certification and of current campus specific employment for 2015-2016 OR proof of enrollment in an approved educator certification program
- Returned assurances form
- Returned completed payee information form
Please email Jennifer Jordan-Kaszuba (firstname.lastname@example.org) with questions regarding the Certificate Incentive Program (CIP).