October 12-13, 2015
8:30 AM – 4:30 PM
- UT-Austin Pickle Research Campus
Commons Learning Center
10100 Burnet Road, Bldg 137
- Balcones Room 1.108
Austin, Texas 78758
- Campus Map
- Get Directions
Texas teachers interested in becoming certified to teach Grades 8-12 Computer Science are eligible to attend. Attendees should have at least some prior experience in coding or programming to maximize their participation in this workshop.
Teach CS will provide an overview of the educator competencies required of all teachers to become certified in Grades 8-12 Computer Science. This certification is necessary to teach courses such as Computer Science I, II or III, Fundamentals of Computer Science, or AP Computer Science A. Course instructors will address several competencies in depth and link attendees to additional resources that will help to prepare them to challenge the CS certification test. Attendees should bring their own laptop to the workshop.
TRANSPORTATION and LODGING will be reimbursed for all teachers who complete the workshop.
- Carol L. Fletcher, Ph.D.
- Associate Director, TRC
- $60.00 per day for each participant.
- $120.00 total per participant for this 2-day workshop.
- Registration fees cover breakfast, lunch and training materials.
- Payments are due before this event.
- Refunds will not be issued for cancellations or those not in attendance.
- Event limited to 40 participants.
For more information, please visit —> http://www.thetrc.org/teach-cs-fall-2015/