UT Dallas – TRC Computer Science Workshops for Math and Science Teachers (see attached flyer for more details)
Who? Current Middle and High School Math and Science teachers
- Learn how to use Programming to Engage Students
- Support Your Math & Science TEKS using CS Collaborative Environment
- Hands-On Programming Experience
- Online Support through Piazza for Summer Institute
- Resources to Take Back to Campus/District
- Learn how to start a CS Camp or Club
- Tools to prepare for CS State Certification Test
When? Summer of 2016 (attend one, or attend all!)
Where? University of Texas at Dallas
|Free 5 day training with day 1-3 being face-to-face, day 4 will be working on projects to apply programming skills learned from day 1-3. Finally, day 5, participants will present their programming projects.
When: June, 13th, 14th, 15th, & 27th
|Free 4 day Training with day’s 1 – 3 dealing with computer programming & how to deliver the content. Day 4 will address how to turn the training back on their Campus/District.
When: July 5th, 6th, 7th & 8th
|Preparation for CS Exam|
|Free 2-day training to inform the participants of what they need to get ready to take the Computer Science state certification test.
When: July 18th & 19th
For more information, contact
*Attendees for the Summer Institute will be chosen based on applications, and have priority in registering for following optional components. Must be a certified Math or Science Middle or High School teacher to attend each of the above trainings.