This summer, WeTeach_CS is bringing Bootstrap back to Texas—by popular demand!
Bootstrap provides an excellent introduction to computer science concepts, especially for students who are underrepresented in the CS classroom, and also gives math teachers a new way to connect students with algebraic thinking. Always a popular offering, WeTeach_CS will host two 3-day workshops. Sellouts of Bootstrap workshops are not uncommon, so make your plans to attend and register today!
Bootstrap Schedule for Summer 2018
See below for descriptions of workshop and follow-up events.
Bootstrap 3-Day Workshop
Teach Your Students to Program, Mathematically
Bootstrap teaches students to program their own video games in an algebraic programming language, exposing them to key math concepts. Middle- and high-school teachers around the country have implemented the curriculum as a one-month module, a weekly activity or an after school program.
In Bootstrap, Your Students Will Practice and Apply
- Solving word problems
- Coordinate planes and Graphing
- Functions and Variables
- Function Composition
- Inequalities in the Plane
- The Pythagorean Theorem
In this Workshop, You Will
- Participate in a real classroom demonstration of the curriculum
- Build your own video game, using the math you already know
- Learn how TEKS Math Standards can be met through a STEM-focused programming curriculum
- Explore cutting-edge research on algebra education