If you’ve been thinking about submitting a session proposal for the WeTeach_CS Summit 2017, then now’s the time to act! The submissions window for proposals will close on March 31, 2017.
2016’s inaugural WeTeach_CS Summit was a great success and much of the credit has to go to the amazing group of presenters, many of them CS teachers just like you, who shared their CS education knowledge and experience with their fellow attendees.
This year, for each accepted proposal, we’re able to offer a $100 registration discount for up to 2 presenters per session. (This is in addition to any accommodations and transportation reimbursement you may qualify for.)
- Presentations may be aimed at any K-12 grade(s)
- Presentations may be intended for Teachers or Leadership/Administrators
As you submit your proposal please keep the following in mind:
- Sessions will be 1 hour in length
- Wifi internet access will be available for you and participants
- Participants will be asked to bring their own devices, please specify in your description if your session is device specific
Interactive and engaging proposals of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Cloud-based computing
- Equity and inclusion
- School counselors and computer science
- Classroom resources
- Block-based coding
- Text-based coding
- Computational Thinking (CT)
- Integration of computer science into other subjects
- Submissions open – Now!
- Submissions close – March 31, 2017
- WeTeach_CS Summit dates – June 5-7, 2017
- Location – Austin, TX (UT Austin Pickle Research Campus)
- Regular Registration Fee – $300 (Accepted proposals will receive a discount code to use when registering for the event.)
- Accommodations and Transportation Reimbursement – Texas residents may be eligible for reimbursement of accommodations and transportations costs. See event page for details.
- Questions? – Contact Amy Werst (email@example.com)