The WeTeach_CS Summit (June 18-20, 2018) is a 3-day event which educates, empowers, and inspires K-12 CS teachers, advocates, administrators, professional development providers, university instructors, and policy-makers to advance the goal of CS for All in Texas and beyond. This year’s Summit will be held on the shores of the San Gabriel River at the Sheraton Austin Georgetown Hotel and Conference Center in Georgetown, TX, just outside of Austin. WeTeach_CS invites individuals and organizations to submit proposals for breakout sessions designed to build teacher CS content knowledge, improve the teaching and learning of CS, and broaden participation in computing. We are expecting about 450 attendees.
The deadline for submitting a session proposal for the 2018 WeTeach_CS Summit is Friday, March 2nd. Submit your proposal today!
Interactive and engaging proposals of interest include, but are not limited to:
- equity and inclusion
- school counselors and computer science
- classroom resources
- block-based coding
- text-based coding
- computational thinking
- integration of computer science into other subjects
- cloud-based computing
- Online Application
- Proposals are due March 2, 2018
- Sessions will be 1 hour in length
- Wifi internet access will be available for you and participants.
- Participants will be asked to bring their own devices, please specify in your description if your session is device specific.
- Proposals will not be accepted from for-profit vendors
- Accepted presenters will be notified no later than March 23, 2018 and provided a discount code for $100 off of registration.
- Transportation and lodging will be reimbursed at state rate for Texas attendees who are not WeTeach_CS Collaborative members.
Contact – Amy Werst, email@example.com