About WeTeach_CS Certification Prep
WeTeach_CS Certification Prep In-Person ($400) will provide an overview of the educator competencies required of all teachers to become certified in Grades 8-12 Computer Science. This certification is necessary to teach courses such as Computer Science I, II or III, Fundamentals of Computer Science, or AP Computer Science A. Course instructors will address several competencies in depth and link attendees to additional resources that will help to prepare them to take the TExES 241 CS 8-12 Certification Test. It’s recommended that participants be familiar with technology application concepts and have some experience with a non-block programming language, such as Java or Python.
WeTeach_CS Certification Prep In-Person is an intensive two-day course designed to provide an overview of the educator competencies required of all teachers to become certified in Grades 8-12 Computer Science. It covers the following domains:
- Domain I – Technology Applications Core – Understand how to use applications, data, networks, and the Internet to complete simple tasks and large projects.
- Domain II – Program Design and Development – Understand how to design and plan coding efforts.
- Domain III – Programming Language Topics – Write code using data, data types, arrays, loops, control structures, and data structures.
- Domain IV – Specialized Topics (12.5%) – This section covers advanced topics such as robotics, digital forensics, discrete math, and game design.
Get prepared online
Foundations of Computer Science for Teachers
Foundations of Computer Science for Teachers ($398) is a self-paced course is designed to prepare teachers to take the TExES 241 Grades 8-12 Computer Science certification exam. This course may be taken in place of or in addition to WeTeach_CS Certification Prep In-Person. Course materials provide extensive detailed instruction, examples, and practice on everything from introductory programming topics such as variables, functions, loops and logical expressions to more advanced topics such as data structures, recursion, and object-oriented programming. Enrollment includes unit quizzes and a comprehensive final, which mimics the actual 100 question CS certification exam. Participants who successfully complete the course will receive 40 CPE credit hours from The University of Texas at Austin.
Still thinking about getting CS certified?
WeTeach_CS is making that decision a whole lot easier!
WeTeach_CS is offering the Certification Incentive Program (CIP) through December of 2018! This means current Texas teachers planning to take the TExES CS 8-12 Certification Test from now through the December 2018 testing window may be eligible for the Certification Incentive Program (CIP), which offers a $1000 stipend to accepted teachers who obtain their CS certification.
For complete information about deadlines and requirements, please read and follow all steps of the CIP Checklist. Texas teachers must meet eligibility requirements and be accepted to the program prior to testing to qualify for the $1,000 stipend.
More Information on Certification and CIP
- For more information about Computer Science certification, visit the WeTeach_CS Get Certified page.
- For complete information about CIP requirements and deadlines, visit the CIP Checklist page.
- Read everything and still have CS certification questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for help.