Give John Owen and the WeTeach_CS Team two days and they’ll tell you what you’ll need to know to pass the TExES 241 CS 8-12 certification exam and collect your $1000 stipend. But you have to act soon, this is our first Certification Prep workshop in Houston since March 2017 and there’s a lot of demand for each of this event’s 40 seats. Register Today!
About WeTeach_CS Certification Prep
WeTeach_CS Certification Prep will provide an overview of the educator competencies required of all teachers to become certified in Grades 8-12 Computer Science. This certification is necessary to teach courses such as Computer Science I, II or III, Fundamentals of Computer Science, or AP Computer Science A. Course instructors will address several competencies in depth and link attendees to additional resources that will help to prepare them to take the TExES 241 CS 8-12 Certification Test.
- When – January 22-23, 2018 (Monday-Tuesday)
- Where – University of Houston, 3657 Cullen Blvd., Farish Hall Room 211,
Houston, Texas 77204
- Registration Deadline – January 15, 2018
- Cost – $200 per participant
- CPE Credit – 14 hours
Concerned about travel and accommodations costs?
Participants may be eligible for accommodations and travel reimbursements from the Center for STEM Education at UT Austin. See registration page for details.
Still deciding if you should get CS certified?
Would you like 1000 reasons to help make up your mind?
Thanks to the support of the Texas Education Agency (TEA), WeTeach_CS is offering a $1,000 stipend, through the Certification Incentive Program (CIP), to currently certified Texas educators who add a CS certification to their resume. This means current Texas teachers who decide to join us on the road to 500, by taking the TExES CS 8-12 Certification Test, may be eligible to receive a $1000 stipend upon achieving CS certification.
For complete information about deadlines and requirements, please read and follow all steps of the CIP Checklist. Texas teachers must meet certain eligibility requirements and be accepted into the program prior to testing to qualify for the $1,000 stipend.
More Information on Certification and CIP
- For more information about Computer Science certification, visit the WeTeach_CS Get Certified page.
- For complete information about CIP requirements and deadlines, visit the CIP Checklist page.
- Read everything and still have CS certification questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for help.