WeTeach_CS is accepting applications for the 2018 WeTeach_CS Mini-Grants through April 20th. The Mini-Grants will be announced during the 2018 WeTeach_CS Summit, being held from June 18-20 in Georgetown, Texas. The WeTeach_CS Mini-Grants are awarded to teachers in order to support the purchase of instructional resources and materials for K-12 computer science and related programs. This year’s Mini-Grants are being sponsored by Oracle Academy and Texas Instruments.
- All mini-grant recipients will be notified no later than May 18, 2018.
- The WeTeach_CS Mini-Grants will be presented at the WeTeach_CS Summit from June 18-20, 2018.
- All applications are due by Friday, April 20, 2018
The 2018 WeTeach_CS Mini-Grants are sponsored by Oracle Academy and Texas Instruments. The mini-grants will support instructional resources and materials used for teaching and learning K-12 Computer Science. Eligible applicants are teachers in private, public or charter schools. Potential projects include those conducted during after-school activities, summer camps, or in-school programs. Institutions of awardees will be provided up to $1,500 in advance of projects to support activities which must be completed by May 31, 2019
- Clearly defined objectives and outcomes
- Well-defined activities specifically related to the project goals
- Attention to equity – how the project will serve groups traditionally underserved in CS education
- An innovative approach to teaching and learning CS subjects -A realistic evaluation demonstrating quantifiable results
- If technology is requested, identification of its integration into CS in unique and innovative ways must be clear
- Itemized, reasonable budget and justification that relate to the project
- Plan for sustainability after mini-grant funding expires
Application Deadline – Friday, April 20, 2018
Thank you to Oracle Academy and Texas Instruments, our 2018 WeTeach_CS Change Maker Awards and Mini-Grants Sponsors!